Team building: Wine Blending
The group is divided into teams. Each team has to make her own wine from sampling a selection of quality wines chosen for their unique characteristics.
The group is divided into teams. Each team has to make her own wine from sampling a selection of quality wines chosen for their unique characteristics. The group will learn the basics of each samplings, and then the team must decide just the right blend to make their wine. Once the blend is determined, the team bottles and labels the wine.
An impartial group of judges made up from of the local winery and one member of each team that was previous selected determines the wining team based on taste, presentation and teamwork.
Specific Aims of the Action
(can be custom designed to meet our customers’ needs)
- Engages team spirit and builds trust among team members;
- Improve and strengthen Interpersonal Relationship among colleagues;
- Value different visions and individual approaches towards a group resolution;
- Consolidation of team spirit, founded upon cooperation and commitment;
- Time-Management Awareness;
- Encouraging creativity;
- Fostering communication at all members;
- Inspires the team to work collaboratively and to use resources wisely;
- Development and Reinforcement of management and planning capacities;
2h00 / 3h00
6 to 250 pax
This unique and hands on activity will have you smelling, swirling and spitting as teams learn to create their very own winning blend.
Teams will have the opportunity to be sat at the same table with an entertainer/winemaker and gain a deeper knowledge about vine varieties such as Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Castelão, Touriga Nacional or Alicante Bouchet.
Sampling a selection of quality wines chosen for their unique characteristics, the team must decide just the right blend to make their wine truly exceptional in its aroma, flavor profile, mouth-feel and finish. Once the blend is determined, the new “winemakers” fills, closes, seals and designs a label and presents it to the entire group.
A single judge composed by the entertainer/winemaker and a member of each team previously chosen determines the winning team based on blind tasting, presentation and teamwork. The judge will be invited to give some feedback and make some constructive criticisms.